Friday, August 4, 1995

LavLife: Leather

(Published in Lavender Lifestyles Magazine, Issue #5, August 4, 1995)

W.I.L.L.O.W. Productions presents

Minnesota’s “Mr. Fantasy”
Sizzling Summer Leather Sunday Beer Bust
Hot Men and Hot Fantasies
Cold Beer and Food
August 13, 1995
Gay 90’s Dance Annex/Men’s Room
4:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M.
Admission $5.00

Dustin Logan’s Fantasy Productions of Omaha, Nebraska, is producing the First International Mr. Fantasy Contest August 18-20, 1995, in Omaha. Minnesota’s “Mr. Fantasy,” to be chosen August 13, will compete in this contest. All the judging categories are geared to the image of a “Fantasy” man, one who is proud of his lifestyle and sexuality.


If you’re someone’s fantasy come true,
Minnesota’s “Mr. Fantasy” could be you!

JUDGING CATEGORIES:

• Prejudging (interview, closed to general public), 3:00 P.M. Sunday (one hour before contest)

• Fantasy Wear (you are encouraged to be creative)

• On-Stage Question and Answer

• Fantasy


• “Mystery”
category. No one will know the contents of the Mystery Category until the weekend of the contest. Be prepared for ALMOST ANYTHING!

Believe in yourself and be a contestant!

Call W.I.L.L.O.W. Productions at (612) 561-7569 for a contestant application.


-----


This issue I’ll tell you about some interesting events that are coming up, and then . . . we need to talk.

“Dreamweaver”
Friday, August 11, 9 p.m.
A popular DJ in New York and Chicago, Corliss W. Resor makes his Twin Cities debut at Checkers on Friday, August 11, with “Dreamweaver” from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. (drink specials 9-11 p.m.) A bootblack will be provided and leather/levi dress is encouraged. Corliss promises “a uniquely sensuous blend of music and video.”

Minnesota’s “Mr. Fantasy”
Sunday, August 13, 4 p.m.
When I gave up my Drummer title recently, I promised myself I would spend at least a year without holding a title. But the press release on the upcoming “Minnesota’s Mr. Fantasy” beer bust (see box) made it sound so exciting and so hot I was almost tempted to enter. If it sounds appealing to you, maybe you should enter, or at least attend. To anyone thinking, “Please, not another contest,” I can tell you this will be unlike any other contest you have ever seen, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the “Mystery” portion of the contest becomes one of the most talked-about leather events this year.


International Mr. Fantasy Contest
August 18-20
Minnesota’s “Mr. Fantasy” will go on to compete in the “International Mr. Fantasy” contest in Omaha, Nebraska, the following weekend. If you’re interested in making the trek to Omaha, it is not too soon to start making travel plans and reservations. Call Fantasy Productions at 402-346-8577 for more information.

-----

I’m finding I really enjoy writing this column. I hope you enjoy reading it, and find it entertaining and informative. There have been a few minor bumps in the road, however, so it’s appropriate to clarify a few points about how this column works.

First: Plan ahead and let me know about events at least three weeks in advance so I can include them in this column; less than that and I’ll do my best, but no guarantees. (Keep in mind that The Leather Journal requires at least one month’s advance notice; Drummer requires two.)

Second: At one point a community member asked if I could do a write-up on a past event; it sounded like it was a great time, and I’m sorry I couldn’t include it here. But after much discussion, the decision has been made that this column will adopt a policy of “preview rather than review.” Translation: we think it’s better to let you know about events before they happen (so you can attend them) rather than writing about them after they’ve happened. Space limitations force us to make this difficult choice. We are, of course, open to input from the community on this issue; if you feel it’s important to see events reviewed, let us hear from you.

One final note: While I may not be able to include written reviews of events, photos are definitely another matter; Lavender Lifestyles invites you to submit photos of events for publication. (Helpful hint: Photos submitted soon after the event stand a better chance of being published.)

No comments:

Post a Comment